Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Love Letter to Editors


They may be invisible and their art unsung. But in the age of blogging, editors are needed more than ever.

By Gary Kamiya
Salon July 24
I've wanted to write about editors and editing for years, but since I was one of that invisible tribe myself until a year ago, it felt unseemly. But now that I have switched full time to the other side of the desk, I can gush without stint. [That's what you think, bub -- Ed.]

To people not in the business, editing is a mysterious thing. (Actually, it's mysterious to most bloggers, who despite having been in existence for less than 10 years, probably outnumber every writer who ever wrote. But more on them later.) Many times over the past 20 years, people have asked me, "What exactly does an editor do?"

No comments:

Lijit Ad Tag