Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Uproar in Copy Editor Land

Well, Lawrence Downes sure stirred things up yesterday with his piece about copy editors, their future and their absence from the Newseum.

I found myself on four different group e-mails yesterday, some focused on the Newseum angle, others on whether Downes is right about the future of copy editing.

There is talk about sending letters to the Newseum people. I hope, though, that the more significant issue--the discussion of the future of copy editing--not get lost in the rush to tweak the Newseum team by making sure our tools and product are on display. Taking on the Newseum, though, is a good first start.

If you're interested in contributing to the discussion, let me know and I'll add you to the merged e-mail list. Or whatever you'd like.


















And of course, the most famous headline of a generation. Sam Houston State University has a copy of this paper under glass.





No comments:

Lijit Ad Tag