Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Getting Personal

I welcome me back, isn't that nice of me?

Three language experts have challenged the attempt to smear President Obama for his alleged overuse of  "I," in his statements about the killing of Osama bin Laden.  If you continue to doubt the racial element in some of the criticism of Obama, take a look at the undertone they hear in those criticisms. If you think birther accusations and claims that Obama didn't earn his way into those top schools, hint, hint, then just skip it because this won't convince you of anything.

But otherwise, see John McIntyre, Fev and Mark Liberman. I love it when facts demolish prejudice.

****
Took a very long hiatus because of job demands and while still busy with said job, have managed to squeeze out a little time to come back to this. If there are any remaining readers, well, that would be stunning.

No comments:

Lijit Ad Tag