Sunday, September 1, 2019

Stories I Won't Read at Nytimes.com




Along with its many question-mark riddled headlines, NYTimes.com continues down its path of trying to have something for everyone, and giving no weight to what's important, what would be a good cover story on Elle and the problems of the rich and famous on Sunday afternoons and who can whine the most about their difficulties when it comes to planning their weddings.

I'm old enough to remember when the Times told me what to think, and while I could rebel against that, at least the paper wasn't confused about who it was: it didn't bother writing over and over about who trims their bushes, if you know what I mean, why, and the cultural significance of it.

It's not that it's wrong to write about those other topics, though I do wonder who is whispering in Dean's ear to convince him that these stories matter. But it's not why I read the Times and I'm pretty sure that's not why MOST people go there.

Our Republic is in danger. Stop littering the main page of the website that could and should run somewhere else.

No comments:

Lijit Ad Tag