Thursday, January 1, 2009

If Bush and Rove Can Do It....

...So can I. My resolution for the new year is to read more books and fewer goofy Web sites. Right after I finish reading this. What about you?


UPDATE: I just breezed through John Darnton's "Black & White and Dead All Over," a murder mystery set at a fictional New York City paper. The book is a bit of an inside joke, with names that resemble or mock the real ones--the bar Slough's for the real Gough's, for example. He may have gone too far with his "Jimmy Pomegranate" though, the supposed Washingon bureau reporter and former foreign correspondent. If you catch the link to the real character, good on you, as one of my former bosses used to say.

But "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini is truly marvelous.

No comments:

Lijit Ad Tag